Contemporary female artwork commentary comparing female fragility and hope featuring the artwork "Hope ; a woman" by Jesunifemi

 

A Japanese person will tell you the sun is a woman. A deity of hope (Amaterasu). She's respected not because she needs to flaunt her body or look but the beauty of her radiance is enthralling. I stripped this feminine figure in my painting of every stereotypical element you may be looking out for on purpose. No hair, jewelry, lashes or vibrant lipstick because I want you to pay attention beyond all of that and focus on her radiance.



A close attention to nature might make you adore how much the sun bears hope. It's a very crucial part of our biological process. It cracks the dawn and ushers in the evening, feeds the plants, sips from overflowing rivers, and generates warmth. Just as a woman breastfeeds her child, nurtures life in her womb and as the sun also experiences cosmic aging her body ages too. I have a very disturbing thought nevertheless, why can't a woman exist boldly just like the sun without depending on modern enhancements? 


Lately the trends have been BBL, too skinny, too fat, too puffy, mid, cringe. Look at the recent brawls about Ariana Grande's physique. A lot of female celebrities go under the scrutiny of what a perfect body should be. This isn't gender based, women say these words to women like themselves, men too give their opinions. It feels like people just scroll comparing a body to the other forgetting natural radiance. So when I was creating this painting I didn't want to paint a perfect woman. I wanted to show her cracks, brokenness, flaws and still make her beautiful through it all. She doesn't need to hide because she embodies hope like the sun.


The face sits at the center, a recurrent style I use to place emphasis on most of the elements in my paintings. I want you to look at her and see if you can judge her because of her cracks or shaved head or focus on the calmness and hope in her countenance despite the damage. She's not looking for validation, she's so convinced from within that she is enough.


She is the sun.



Hope; a woman

Medium : digital art

Artist: Olatunbosun Jesunifemi. H


CLICK TO INQUIRE ABOUT ARTWORK


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INVENTORS ARE MAD MEN: ESSAY ON JEKPHRASA

Red roses, Red Christmas (an immigrant's documentary) - fiction